The Students First Office (SFO) fosters a learner-centered experience for undergraduate success by serving as one of the first lines of response in helping UNCG students address any number of academic issues they may experience at the University. The office coordinates intervention processes across different academic and administrative units to help students determine the best possible success strategies for addressing academic concerns. In collaboration with other support services across campus, SFO serves as an academic one-stop-shop for assisting students with academic advising, academic recovery, academic transition, appeals, and graduation planning. Additionally, the office is the centralized academic advising center for all exploratory (undecided) students at UNCG.
Regular Business hours:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Tuesday 8:00 am - 7 :00 pm
- Advising appointments can be made Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm; Tuesday 9:00 am - 7:00pm
Walk-in Advising hours:
- During the Fall and Spring semesters walk-in advising is available Monday - Friday, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm; Tuesdays from 4:00pm - 7:00 p.m.
- During the Summer sessions walk-in advising is available Tuesday - Thursday, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
To minimize wait times, walk-in sessions may be limited to 15 minutes per student.
Extended Advising hours offered during Fall & Spring semesters:
- Tuesday: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Scheduled appointments and walk-in advising meetings are available during extended hours.
Please call (336) 334-5730 for more information about our hours or to schedule an appointment.