The Students First Office (SFO) coordinates intervention processes across different academic and administrative units in order to determine the best possible success strategies for students facing academic, social, or financial setbacks. In collaboration with other support services across campus, SF serves as an academic information station for assisting students with academic advising, academic appeals, course overload requests, and graduation plan completion. SF advisors are also responsible for the advisement of all exploratory (undecided) students at UNCG.
Regular Business hours:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Advising appointments can be made Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm;
Walk-in Advising hours:
- During the Fall and Spring semesters walk-in advising is available Monday - Friday, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm; Tuesdays from 4:00pm - 7:00 p.m.
- During the Summer sessions walk-in advising is available Tuesday - Thursday, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
To minimize wait times, walk-in sessions may be limited to 15 minutes per student.
Extended Advising hours offered during Fall & Spring semesters:
- Tuesday: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Scheduled appointments and walk-in advising meetings are available during extended hours.
Please call (336) 334-5730 for more information about our hours or to schedule an appointment.