Personal Wellness & Support
Click on any of the topics below for more information.
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Psychiatric services
- Outreach and support
- Training and consultation
Sometimes every student needs a little additional support during their collegiate experience. The Counseling & Testing Center provides a wide range of counseling and psychological services that focus on students' holistic wellness.
Services provided to currently enrolled UNCG students include:
- UNCG Cares
- Honors & Ethics Day
- Student Conduct Team
The Dean of Students Office provides support for all UNCG students by working together with families, faculty, and staff to create a culture of care at UNCG. In addition to services focused on student advocacy, education, and crisis response, the Dean of Students also sponsors a variety of programs and opportunities for students, including:
- Main Dining Hall – The Spartan and the Spartan Market
- The Marketplace – EUC convenience store
- EUC Food Court – Papa John's, Coyote Jack's Grill, Chef Yan Can Cook, Olo Sushi, Salsarita's, and Chick-fil-A
- Spartan's Place at EUC – Wild Greens, Subway, and Jamba Juice
- Bryan School Food Court – Serves bagels, soups, and sandwiches
- C-Blue – McIver Parking Deck convenience store
UNCG Main Dining Hall
Thanks to Dining Services, you will never go hungry with all the options that UNCG has to offer! Whether you are a residential student or a commuter, meal plans are reasonably priced and provide ample flexibility to satisfy your appetite.
Plus, there are dining possibilities located throughout the campus, including:
- Medical Clinic – provides general healthcare services for students, including primary medical car, pharmacy services, immunizations, allergy injections, and laboratory and x-ray services
- Women's Health Clinic – allows women to receive specialized care at a fraction of the cost. Services include pap tests, STD screenings/treatment, pregnancy testing, contraception, and general wellness education
Gove Student Health Center, Main Floor
UNCG's Student Health Services provides collaborative health care designed to empower students to develop lifelong skills that enhance their physical, psychological, and wellness status.
- Wellness Workshops
- Massage Therapy & Acupuncture
- Nutrition Counseling & Education
- Smoking Cessation
- UNCG's Peer Education Program
Gove Student Health Center, Ground floor
The Wellness Center provides a variety of programs and resources aimed at increasing students' knowledge of health and wellness concerns.
Programming and other services are provided campus wide and include:
- Pedestrian Safety Program
- Victim Assistance Program
- Partnerships for a Safer Campus
- Rape Aggression Defense
- Police Ride Along Program
- Campus Safety Escort
- UNCG Police K-9 Program
1605 Spring Garden Street
UNCG Campus Police is comprised of 32 police officers, 12 uniformed security officers, and 11 other support personnel who work together to provide safety and security to UNCG's campus.
Several support programs are in place for safety prevention, including:
Please note: some files require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.