Returning from Withdrawal
You are just a few steps away from returning to UNCG. Please see below for an outline of steps to take to re-enroll at UNCG. Links will open in a separate window so you will not lose your place in the process. If you have any questions or concerns at any point during the re-application process, please contact the Students First Office at (336)-334-5730.
Option 1: For students who meet both criteria below:
To re-enroll, you must contact your academic advisor and schedule an appointment to discuss course registration and obtain your advising code. Here are instructions for how to look up your academic advisor. If you attended another institution while you were away, submit official transcripts from all colleges attended since leaving UNCG to Undergraduate Admissions.
Option 2: For students who meet any one of the criteria below:
Students who meet any of the above criteria must re-apply as a Former Student via Undergraduate Admissions. To re-apply:
- Fill out an online former student application with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and submit the $55 application fee.
- August 1 for Fall term (*July 15 for second degree students)
- December 1 for Spring term (*November 15 for second degree seeking students)
- May 1 for Summer Session 1
- June 1 for Summer Session 2
*A student who earned a grade in any course (including W/WX/WT/WE grades) is considered to have been enrolled for that term.
**If you left the University on academic dismissal, you will first need to appeal to return to UNCG by completing the Return from Academic Dismissal appeal process. This appeal must be approved before your Former Student Application can be reviewed by Undergraduate Admissions. Please contact the Students First Office for assistance.
For assistance with returning to UNCG or understanding the return process you are required to follow, please contact Undergraduate Admissions at (336) 334-5243 or the Students First Office at (336) 334-5730.
If you would like to apply for financial aid, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for financial aid consideration (priority deadline is December 1st).
If you had financial aid before you withdrew and were not in compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy, you will need to fill out a Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal.
Please contact the Financial Aid Office at (336)-334-5702 if you have questions about this process or your SAP eligibility.
For assistance with completing an SAP appeal, please contact the Students First Office at (336)-334-5730.
The following are offices you should touch base with as you prepare to return:
- Check with the Cashier's Office by calling (336) 334-5831 to make sure you do not have any account holds which can hinder your registration eligibility.
- If you are planning to live on campus, visit Housing and Residence Life to apply.
- Contact Student Health Services to confirm that your immunizations are still in compliance with university requirements. Students who have been away for at least one semester should complet the Returning/Reactivated Student For and submit it to Student Health Services to verify immunization compliance.
- If you left under disciplinary suspension, you will need to touch base with the Dean of Students Office.
If you have not already done so, schedule an advising appointment with your academic advisor to discuss course registration and receive your advising code for the upcoming semester.
Students who must re-apply to UNCG should wait until they receive an admissions decision to schedule advising appointments.
If you need assistance looking up your advisor in UNCGenie, please consult this instructional video.The Students First Office also provides supplemental advising but cannot release advising codes to students with declared majors.
Please note: some files require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.