Students First Office > Withdrawal Policy > Returning from Withdrawal
Returning from Withdrawal

Returning from Withdrawal

You are just a few steps away from returning for the summer or fall 2014 semesters. Please see below for an outline of steps to take to re-enroll at UNCG. Links will open in a separate window so you will not lose your place in the process.

If you have any questions or concerns at any point during the re-application process,
please contact the Students First Office at (336)-334-5730.

Step 1

You will need to fill out an online former student application with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and submit the $55 application fee by:

May 1 for Summer 2014 Session 1
June 1 for Summer 2014 Session 2
August 1 for Fall 2014

If you have concerns about the application fee, please contact the Students First Office for assistance.

Step 2

Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended since leaving UNCG to Undergraduate Admissions.

You must have an overall and transferable 2.3 GPA on a 4.0 scale to meet readmission requirements.

If you left under academic dismissal and you schedule an interview, all transcripts need to be available at the time of your interview.

Step 3

If you would like to apply for financial aid, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for financial aid consideration (Priority deadline is March 1st).

If you had financial aid before you withdrew and were not in compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy, you will need to fill out a Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal along with a Success Plan and Graduation Plan.

Please contact the Financial Aid Office at (336)-334-5702 if you have questions about this process.

For assistance with a Graduation Plan, please contact the Students First Office at (336)-334-5730.

Step 4

The following are offices you should touch base with as you prepare to return:

  • Check with the Cashier's Office by calling (336) 334-5831 to make sure you do not have any account holds which can hinder your registration eligibility.

  • If you are planning to live on campus, visit Housing and Residence Life to apply.

  • If you have been gone from UNCG for a while, you will want to check with Student Health Services to confirm that your immunizations are still on file.

  • If you left under disciplinary suspension, you will need to touch base with the Dean of Students Office.

Step 5

Once you are re-admitted to UNCG, you will need to make an advising appointment with your academic advisor. Be sure to do this as soon as possible so that
you can receive your advising code and register for classes.

If you need assistance looking up your advisor in UNCGenie, please consult this instructional video. The Students First Office also provides supplemental advising.

For current application deadlines and detailed instructions on the readmission process, please refer to the Former Students information on the Undergraduate Admissions website.

Please note: some files require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.