In collaboration with other support services across campus, SFO serves as an academic one-stop-shop for assisting students with academic advising, academic recovery, academic transition, appeals, and graduation planning. Additionally, the office is the centralized academic advising center for all exploratory (undecided) students at UNCG. Click here to read more about our Mission and Values.
- Regular business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Advising appointments can be made Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Walk-in Advising Hours:
- During the Fall and Spring semesters walk-in advising is available Monday – Friday, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm; Tuesdays from 4:00pm – 7:00 pm
- During the summer sessions walk-in advising is available Monday, Wednesday, and
Thursday, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Please note: To minimize wait times, walk-in sessions may be limited to 15 minutes per student. Walk-in assistance is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Extended advising hours offered during Fall & Spring semesters:
- Tuesday: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Scheduled appointments and walk-in advising meetings are available during extended hours.
Please call (336) 334-5730 for more information about our hours or to schedule an appointment, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.