The Students First Office (SFO) fosters a learner-centered experience for undergraduate success by serving as one of the first lines of response in helping UNCG students address any number of academic issues they may experience at the University. The office coordinates intervention processes across different academic and administrative units to help students determine the best possible success strategies for addressing academic concerns. In collaboration with other support services across campus, SFO serves as an academic one-stop-shop for assisting students with academic advising, academic recovery, academic transition, appeals, and graduation planning. Additionally, the office is the centralized academic advising center for all exploratory (undecided) students at UNCG.
Through all of our services, the Students First Office is committed to providing students with the access and the opportunity to achieve their greatest academic potential during their time at UNCG.
Guided by the University Strategic Plan, the Students First Office is founded upon the following values:
- Collaboration — Interdisciplinary, intercommunity, inter-institutional, and international collaboration is reflected and rewarded in teaching, research, creative activity, community engagement, and infrastructure.
- Inclusiveness — A welcoming and inclusive academic community, based on open dialogue and shared governance, offers a culture of caring with visible, meaningful representation of difference.
- Responsibility — A public institution, the University responds to community needs and serves the public in systematic fashion through the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity.
- Sustainability — Academics, operations, and outreach are conducted with careful attention to the enduring interconnectedness of social equity, the environment, the economy, and aesthetics.
- Transparency — Open decision-making, clear goals, and measurable outcomes enhance performance, trust, and accountability.